If you are a San Antonio Public Library patron who wants a free TexShare card issued by SAPL, then you must be one of the following:
- A Bexar County resident.
- An individual that owns a business or property in Bexar County.
- A City of San Antonio Employee.
Getting your TexShare card in person:
If already a San Antonio Public Library card holder:
- Stop by any San Antonio Public Library Location.
- Let a staff member know you are interested in obtaining a TexShare card
- Provide your San Antonio Public Library card and photo ID and proof of current address – like your driver’s license.
- There is no separate application necessary, only a need to re-verify your information on your San Antonio Public Library card
If you live outside of Bexar County:
- You can obtain a TexShare card from SAPL if you pay the current Long Term or Short Term fee.
- Out-of-county patrons can get a TexShare card from their library and will then be eligible for a free limited SAPL account (restricted to a 5 item checkout). TexShare Card patrons must be present to obtain a SAPL card.