Pausing / Freezing a hold is a good way to hold your place in line on the waiting list for an item. However, there are a few times when you won't be able to pause/freeze a hold:
- The item says "check shelf"
- You can't pause/freeze a hold if the item is currently available.
- Even if your hold isn't #1, if there are enough copies available to fill your hold, you won't be able to pause/freeze it.
- The hold status is "In Transit"
- The hold status is "Ready"
- For system reasons, you are not able to pause/freeze a hold that is more than 255 days old (approximately 8 1/2 months)