- Library cards expire every five years.*
- Your card’s expiration date is shown when you log in to My Account.
- When your account is expired, you are not able to renew items or place holds online.
- Update your account by renewing your card.
- Renew your card in person at any San Antonio Public Library Location.
- You need a photo ID and proof of current address – like your driver’s license.
- If your photo ID does not include your current address, you can use something like a utility bill if it includes your current address.
- Library cards cannot be renewed over the telephone, through email, or online.
*As of May 2018. Cards renewed or established before this date are good for 2 years. Cards renewed or established after this date will be good for 5 years.