Whenever you use a new computer for eBooks from an OverDrive-powered site, you will be prompted to 'Authorize'. To enjoy eBooks on additional computers or devices, be sure to authorize each with the same Adobe ID. You may authorize up to 6 computers and/or devices per Adobe ID.
The first thing that needs to be done is to download Adobe Digital Editions either for Windows or Mac.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions (The first time you launch Adobe Digital Editions, the 'Adobe Digital Editions' dialog box is displayed. Select Authorize Computer)
- If you have an Adobe ID, enter your Adobe ID and password.
- If you do not have an Adobe ID: Select get an Adobe ID online. This will open Adobe's website.
- Follow the steps to create an Adobe account.
- Return to the 'Adobe Digital Editions' dialog box, and enter your Adobe ID and password.
- Next, click Activate. Your computer is now authorized with your Adobe ID.
- Click Finished.