The first step is to download the Overdrive app from the Android Market.
- Search for Overdrive in the Android Market.
- Then click on download and install the Overdrive app.
- Once the Overdrive app is installed open the app.
- Create an Overdrive account.
- Press the menu button and press “Get Books”
- Then press “Add a Library” and type in “San Antonio” or use your Zip Code.
- Next, scroll down until you see “Central Library” and press it.
- Then scroll down and press the star next to “San Antonio Public Library”
- Then press “San Antonio Public Library”
- This opens your browser and takes you to our Digital Library Catalog.
- Press “Login” on the top right and login with you library card number (you have the option to select the “Remember Me” check box beneath the box for card number if you would like to save your library card number).
- After you find an eBook you like, press “borrow”
- Return to your bookshelf (the collection of books located at the top of the screen).
- You will then have the choice to either read the item in your browser or to download the item. (Please be aware that reading in the browser will require the use of your data plan allowance or a wifi connection.)
- After your eBook downloads it will be ready to read.
- We have several eReader clinics throughout San Antonio. We also have one-on-one sessions here at the Central library and at branch libraries. You can find this information on our events page. (http://bit.ly/HoH4kA)
For additional information please visit the Getting started page in the link below.