How do I download audio books to my Kindle Fire?
The only way to listen to audiobooks from OverDrive on a Kindle Fire is to download the OverDrive Media Console App.
To do this:
- Tap Settings;
- In Settings tap Applications;
- In Applications tap Unknown Sources so that the check box is selected;
- Return to Home;
- Launch browser and go to http://overdrive.com/Software/omc/;
- Select OverDrive Media Console for Android;
- Ignore the link to get the app from Google Play (aka the Android Market), instead use the "download OverDrive Media Console for Android from OverDrive" link;
- Agree to the License Agreement and the download will begin automatically;
- This will launch the application installer which will enable you to install the app on the Kindle Fire.
- Open the app
- Select the item